Breakfast for Day 1 of the Diet Bites 3 Day Diet Plan
Written by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Breakfast, Day 1 of Diet Bites 3 Day Diet, About 300 CaloriesFood Pyramid Breakdown: 3 proteins, 2 dairy, 1 vegetable
The Breakfast Menu
One " Oh My, This is a Big Omelet"
Beverage: 1 cup of skim milk
The low calorie recipe for Oh My, This is a Big Omelet
Lower Calorie, Lower Fat Recipe Ingredients:
100 calories worth of egg substitute (such as EggBeaters)*
Salt, Pepper, Cooking Spray
2 slices of Bacon
Skim Mozzarella Cheese (60 calories & totally optional)
1/4 cup of sliced Mushrooms (any variety - totally optional)
1/8 cup of diced Bell Pepper (any variety - totally optional)
1/8 cup of diced Onion (any variety - totally optional)
How to Prepare This RecipeSandwich 2 slices of lean bacon between two damp paper towels and microwave.
Whisk together 1/2 a container of EggBeaters with 1 Tablespoon of milk, a dash of salt and cracked pepper. Pour into a non-stick skillet that has been sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray.
When eggs are set on one side, carefully turn to allow other side to cook. When done, add the sauteed vegetables, cooked bacon and 1 slice of skim mozzarella cheese to one side of the eggs. Fold to create your masterpiece as you say, " Oh my, this is a BIG omelet!"
* Rather than egg substitute, you can opt for eggs. Simply use one medium whole egg + 2 additional egg whites.
How this diet-wise menu achieves our healthy expectations.
- The paper towels which sandwiched the bacon absorbed excess fat and calories.
- Vegetables were a part of this healthy breakfast.
- Cooking spray stood in for butter, thus reducing calories and fat.
- Egg substitutes cut cholesterol.
- Skim milk is not only lower in calories than its whole, 1 & 2 percent brothers, it also provides more calcium.
- Skim mozzarella cheese made a cheesy difference without adding excessive fat. Return to 3 Day Diet Menus
Diet Bites is a Trademark