Saint Patrick's Day
The Color Green. If there is any color that perfectly identifies the word DIET, that color is unquestionably green.
And we realized this just in time for Saint Paddy's Day! Wow - what a coincidence!
Let's take a closer look at Diet Green and how you can spend the day celebrating while benefiting your diet.
1. Green yields leafy vegetables that are not only filling, but also packed with vitamins and nutrients.
Try eating a salad before you enjoy your meal and you may find that you'll eat much less.
Take care to have the salad dressing served in a tiny thimble to the side as it's packed with calories, and in some cases, a lot of fat.
2. Green also yields soothing beauties, such as cucumbers, avocados & grapes. When you're feeling a bit tired, place some cool cucumber slices over your eyelids for a soothing effect. Be certain to lay down before application. Relaxation is an essential form of Diet Therapy!
3. Create a rich facial by mashing up a ripe avocado and mixing it with a dab of Mayo. Don't lick your face because both of these Green Goddesses have more fat and calories than Henry had wives.
4. Enjoy a few green grapes that you've frozen beforehand in your freezer for your Facial Event. Again, this is a treat that is ultra low in calories and extremely tasty!
And if you're not a grape lover, try freezing a banana for about half an hour - just long enough for it to get firm but not solidly frozen. Carefully peel and cut into slices. Delicious!
5. For a delicious lower calorie diet punch recipe, pour a large bottle of diet citrus-based soda into a punch bowl.
Add large scoops of lime or pineapple sherbet. OR, fill the bowl with diet orange soda and add orange sherbet.
Or what about either cream soda or rootbeer and low fat vanilla ice cream. As we can see - the combinations are unlimited!
6. A glass (not a keg) of spirits from the fruit of the vine is fine every now and then. Remember, it's all about Willpower, self-control, quantity, quality & moderation.
But after your little nip, if you happen to see little green men, it's something that you may just want to keep to yourself. Unless...it's Saint Patrick's Day, of course!
Diet Bites is a Trademark