Pizza Hut Menu Choices for Dieters
Written by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Our top five menu choices for dieters based on caloric content.
Pizza is often thrown into the ditch by weight loss plans because it can be significant in dietary fat content, thus influencing the caloric values.
But it does have a place in the diet plan when wise healthy choices are made.
The Hut has many delicious menu selections; here are a few of our favorites that should fit into most healthy weight loss plans based solely on caloric values.
Calories, Fat in Pepperoni
1. One slice of Pepperoni, the Medium Pan variety which contains 8 slices to the pie for 250 calories or a slice of the cheese for 240. There are 10 grams of total fat in the cheese selection and only 12 in the pepperoni - which is darn impressive.
Calories, Fat in Personal Pan
2. 1/2 Veggie Lovers 6" Personal Pan for 275 calories and 10 total fat grams or you can enjoy the entire pie for 550 calories.
That's also quite impressive for a pie of this size and the vegetables add a layer of nutritional values.
Now let's turn to their delicious pasta menu.
Fat, Calories in Marinara With Meat
3. Meaty Marinara - this entree contains only 450 calories and 20 total fat grams, 8 of which are saturated.
Pizza Hut Wings, Nutrition Facts & Calories
4. What about their wings? They won't fly away with your weight loss plan, that's for sure as most are fairly low in caloric content.
Let's view a few of our favorite picks. Take note that the wings contain about 7 to 10 protein grams per serving.
Bread Stick Nutrition Facts
5. If you're in the mood for a bread stick, each plain contains about 140 calories and 5 fat grams with one saturated fat gram.
This makes a healthier choice than the cheese bread sticks at 170 calories - but if you want the cheese and you can fit those additional 30 calories into your daily totals, then go for it.
Three ounces of the Marinara Dipping Sauce will add an additional 60 calories and zero fat to the bread sticks.
Do avoid the Fried Cheese Sticks; four of these babies contain almost 400 calories - or about 100 calories each.
Calories & Nutrition Data for Pizza Hut
Diet Bites is a Trademark