Diet: How to Prevent Overeating
Written by Diet Bites
Having difficultly resisting foods? We can assist with our spiffy weight loss tips.
What to minimize the risk of overeating amid your weight loss plan? Then plan out your meals before the day begins, either the evening before, the week before, or the morning of that day as you enjoy a healthy breakfast.
Many times dieters will sit at the table with no plan in mind, staring at that green olive stuffed with the pretty red pimento like a zombie.
They simply eat a small amount, actually having no idea of the number of calories they have consumed. Let's see why that's such a bad idea:
1. The meal plate may be extremely deficient in caloric (energy) values, so low that they cannot possibly meet the body's required amounts for optimum health.
2. When the dieter fails to consume sufficient energy, they tend to experience more severe hunger pains. There are generally two reasons why diets fail:
a. The dieter sees or smells a particular food that they want so badly, that they run from their weight loss plan, grasping as much of the food as possible. This mode of failed dieting is called a binge.
b. They become tired and weary of dieting and find hunger to be so annoying and severe that they decide they were more happy on their former daily diet. While the risks of weight gain abound as well as all the uncomfortable things that accompany such, at times the simple way of life is simply, less stressful and taxing on the mind - if not on the body itself.
When there are insufficient calories within the daily diet, the dieter is highly apt to discontinue their weight loss plan. While they may be limiting food and drink to achieve weight loss, rather than increasing their odds for success, they are increasing their odds of diet failure.
3. When the dieter reaches the end of the meal, they may not know that it's really the end! They may eat one more little thing, then another little bite, then another little nibble until they are really not on a diet at all.
If you KNOW what you intend to eat before mealtime, you'll know when you've reached the end.
Tips for Decreasing Calories & Prevent Overeating
- Take your time as you eat. Remember, the next meal is only a few hours away. If you eat a well-rounded meal, then you're not going to be bothered with those....bothersome hunger pains. And you'll be able to slide through the next few hours until mealtime arrives once again.
- Choose foods that are filling so that you won't feel hungry shortly after you've eaten. Rather than white bread, reach for the whole grain. Rather than a cookie, reach for a cup of your favorite melon or fruit. Rather than that serving of white rice, reach for wild rice or brown rice. Some foods work more effectively than others in keeping hunger away and they can assist in keeping your serving sizes in check so that you do not overeat at mealtime.
- Be sure to include a low calorie beverage or water with your meal. This will not only make you feel fuller, but it will aid in digestion. Squeeze a bit of your favorite citrus fruit into the water for a refreshing lift as well as a dose of healthy Vitamin C. Doing such might boost your immunity just enough - so that when Mister Cough-e does such in the store, you won't catch his germs and get whatever it was that he had.
- Incorporate a variety of foods into your diet to ensure that you have satisfied your appetite as well as your nutritional requirements.
These are all excellent tips that work in curbing and preventing overeating.