Picture of Food Nutrition
- While the pyramid recommends number of servings and 'best choices for optimum nutrition' it doesn't recommend specific foods.
Simply put, 'the plate' is built by the individual.
The Nutrition Plate is a bit off-balanced in relation to recommended servings.
The grain section should be larger; the vegetable section appears to over-power the grains and based on current recommendations - more grain servings are recommended per day than vegetables.
In addition, fruits hold slightly more significance than proteins based on current recommendations.
And where is our knife for our healthy peas?
In addition the Nutrition Plate recommendations include:
- Eating less with smaller serving sizes on the plate;
- Half the plate should be fruits & vegetables;
- Half the grains should be in the form of whole grains;
- Milk should be either skim or 1%;
- Water should be chosen over sugary beverages;
- Kick sodium (salt) off the table.
Diet Bites is a Trademark