Using Peaches in Your Diet Plan, Peachy Diet Tips
Article by Diet Bites
Dieting? Trying to lose those unwanted pounds? Then have we got some peachy diet tips for you...
The humble peach lodged inside the fuzzy natural container is overflowing with tantalizing goodness and flavor. Let's see what we can come up with regarding weight loss and peaches.
- The next time you're at the market pick up a box of white cake mix. When preparing, add the recommended water and eggs but instead of adding the oil, add the same amount of crushed peaches.
You won't find need to frost the cake as it will be very moist and so delicious. You'll not only save sugar calories (empty calories) but also about 1,000 to 2,000 calories depending upon the recipe requiring 1/2 or one cup of oil.
- Purchase frozen peaches when shopping. They require a little time to consume and a medium-size bag contains a scant 150 calories or about four rice cakes.
- Prepare some delicious peach dumplings. You'll need the following ingredients for this lower calorie peach recipe:
1 14/ cup of Splenda (baking variety)
Prepare the dumplings as directed on the package; drain leaving very little liquid in the pot. Add the margarine and stir. In another bowl combined the peaches and the spices. Add to the pot and coat the dumplings. If more thickness is desired, use a bit of cornstarch and water for thickening.
- Make a delicious peach pie. You'll need a single pie crust (baked) and about 6 large peaches or one dozen small ones. Core the center and peel the peaches. Cut into bite-sized chunks. Cook on the stove top in a deep non stick pot using a bit of water. When tender add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
Add a bit of cornstarch to cold water; stir to loosen the cornstarch and add to the cooked peaches. They should thicken quickly so stir to prevent scorching.
Remove from heat and transfer the peaches to the baked pie crust. Add the following topping to the pie and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until topping is golden brown.
Topping ingredients: 1/3 cup of light margarine in a small bowl. In a separate bowl combine the following ingredients: 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of Splenda, 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup of dry oats, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and a dash of salt. Cut the margarine into this mixture to form a crumb-like texture. Sprinkle over the top of the peach pie before baking. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Make a skinny peach shake. Take 3/4 cup of reduced fat milk; add 1/2 cup of frozen peaches, a dash of imitation vanilla and a dash of ground cinnamon.
Blend in a blender until nice and thick. Entire shake contains less than 100 calories and contains a serving from the Dairy Food Group and the Fruit Food Group.