Diet Skinny Shake Recipe
The Whipping Boy
Article by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Also Included in this Diet Article: Suggestions for Blueberries
I'd like to make a toast to all the times I was The Whipping Boy - mostly at work in my younger days. Skim milk, healthy blueberries - beats the living er....daylight out of health, doesn't it? Take that, you mean old ex-bosses!
The Whipping Boy, a Diet Shake Recipe
Serves 2 for about 100 calories each
1 ½ cup of ice cold skim milk
1-3 ice cubes plus 1-3 packets of Splenda or Equal if extra sweetness is desired
1 cup of frozen blueberries
Blend until frothy and enjoy.
Weight Loss Tips, Low Calorie Recipes for Blueberries
The blueberry is one stellar super food. About the only bad thing it does is cause a bit of staining, which might not make Mister Tooth Fairy thrilled. Nonetheless, we have some very healthy tips that can be a part of your weight loss plan. Let's get started, shall we?
- Add fresh blueberries to whole grain cereals at breakfast time; they taste lovely in both cold and warm cereals.
- Add fresh or thawed frozen blueberries to plain yogurt to enhance flavor and nutritional values.
- The next time that you whip up a batch of pancakes or waffles, toss in a few blueberries into the batter. And when they get to the table, rather than drowning the pancakes and waffles in syrup, add more blueberries and a shot of reduced fat whipped cream.
- Look for the blueberry preserves, jelly and jam when shopping at the market. They are lovely when spread on whole grain toast, English Muffins and bagels.
- The next time that you get a craving for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, skip the grape jam and reach for the blueberry. And if you'll use the whipped peanut butter made by Peter Pan, you'll save about 1/3 the calories as regular peanut butter. In addition, opt for diet bread for about 35 calories per slice and you'll have a fairly low calorie peanut butter and blueberry jelly sandwich.
Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe for Dieters, No Frosting Necessary
You will need the following ingredients for this recipe:
1 box of white cake mix with pudding in the mix
2 eggs, any size will do - but use the large ones if you have them on hand
ripe banana; you will need about 1/2 cup of mashed banana
vegetable oil; use only 1/2 of the recommended oil
2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
Pour the cake mix into a mixing bowl. Add the recommended amount of water and stir to incorporate. Add only 1/2 of the recommended amount of oil as well as the eggs. Stir once more.
Now add the mashed banana and mix the batter for the amount of time that is required on the cake package. Before filling the baking pan, gently stir in the blueberries. Bake as directed on the cake box.
This cake works well when baked in a square pan; you can cut it into squares for tea time or for coffee breaks. Because it requires no frosting, calories are slashed substantially. The icing contains more calories than the cake. Feel free to add a serving of low fat whipped cream to your blueberry cake.
Exercise & Activity Articles
Why We Get Fat
Diet Bites | Disclaimers
Diet Bites is a Trademark