Diet Skinny Shake Recipe
Article by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Also Included in this Diet Article: One Bowl Menu Suggestions
My husband and I once raised an orphaned possum who was unable to return to the wild.
One day, a noise startled him and he jumped up in the air about a foot, twisted his head towards his hinny, then landed back on the floor - landing on all four paws. It was one of the funniest things that we'd ever seen in our lives.
Here's to Tinky Possum - always fun, always happy, and always fun to be with - just like our diet friendly Tinky Tambourine shake.
Oh, and when dieting - never look back because those cupcakes have the ability to turn a curious dieter into a pillar of - well, you know.
To prepare, pour the low fat milk into mixing bowl or blender. Next, add the orange juice from the fresh orange (watch out for accidental seed spills).
Toss in the grated orange peel, the extra sweetener but only if desired, the sugar free gelatin and the crushed ice. The ice is necessary for thickening purposes. Finally, blend or mix until thick.
Tinky Tambourine, a Diet Shake Recipe
Serves 1 for about 133 calories
1 cup of skim milk
1/4 cup of crushed ice, sugar substitute if desired
1 Teaspoon of Orange flavored sugar free Gelatin
½ of a fresh orange, juice only
1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
Weight Loss Tips, Low Calorie One Bowl or Food Menu Suggestions
Our diet shake recipe goes very well with one food type meals. In fact, enjoying one bowl or one food items in your menu can assist in keeping the focus on weight loss and prevent the temptation to add too much to our daily plate.
Here are some of our favorite one-food meals:
- Enjoy a hot dog prepared with light low fat franks, a whole grain bun and topped with mustard, reduced fat chili and low fat cheese.
- A jumbo taco which contains the five food groups always makes an excellent choice when the protein filling is extra lean.
- A cheeseburger is often eliminated from the dieter's menu, yet it contains all five food groups. When extra lean ground beef is used - or when black bean patties are substituted for the beef, the result is a very healthy meal. Also, use the lower fat cheese. And turkey also makes a nice substitute for the beef.
- A slice of pizza containing low fat cheese and lean proteins - as well as healthy vegetables can fit into almost any healthy diet plan. Do watch the sodium content as cheese tends to be mined with salt.
- A bowl of beans or chili make a comfortable meal that can stick to the ribs for hours on end. Enjoy with whole grain crackers.
- A bowl of hot chicken noodle soup is also divine - or cozy up to a low fat casserole dish.
- What about a slice of quiche prepared with egg substitute so that the cholesterol factor is a wash?
- Sandwiches prepared with lean proteins are hard to beat when it comes to great eating.
- If you're in a light mood and just need a small meal, then a bowl of hot or cold cereal can fit the bill.
- A burrito, a jumbo egg roll, a piece of roasted chicken served in a biscuit - the ideas for one food meals is endless.
Keep in mind that your goal is to keep calories under control as well as portion sizes. Try to ensure that your one-food meals contain at least four of the five official food groups; it's difficult at times to fit fruit in the selection - but it can certainly make a healthy dessert. Because the tomato resides in the Fruit Group, it does make the task of balancing our nutritional needs a bit easier when it comes to one-food meals.
Exercise & Activity Articles
Why We Get Fat
Diet Bites | Disclaimers
Diet Bites is a Trademark