Skinny Shake Recipe
Article by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Also Included in this Diet Article: Recipe Tips for Chocolate
Buddin! Buddin! Start your Diet Engine and race over the finish line with Hubcap Alley, a diet shake that is loaded with varoom. At only 105 calories per serving, Hubcap Alley gives the dieter a little taste of Diet Heaven via Hershey's Kisses.
Hubcap Alley, a Diet Shake Recipe
Serves 2 for about 105 calories each
1 ˝ cups of ice cold skim milk
1-3 ice cubes plus sugar substitute for extra sweetness if you wish
1 Tablespoon of your favorite crushed nuts
2 Hershey’s Kisses
Blend until frothy and enjoy. Be sure to blend the chocolate into drinkable bits. Mini chocolate morsels will also work well. If you opt for dark chocolate, it comes with a few heart healthy benefits but only when used in moderation.
Weight Loss Tips, Low Calorie Recipes for Chocolate
We highly recommend dark chocolate over the white or the milk varieties because of the heart-healthy benefits mentioned above. Here are a few tips for dark chocolate that you might add to your current weight loss plan when you are seized with a craving for chocolate:
- Fresh fruit dipped in dark melted chocolate can be a healthy treat; be sure the fruit is dipped only mid-way in the vat for minimal calories.
- Rather than frosting an entire cake, cut the slices and add a thin drizzle of dark melted chocolate instead. Each little teaspoon of most commercial frostings contains from 100 to almost 200 calories. One 16 ounce package of coconut-nut frosting contains 2,000 calories and serves 12.
When prepared with butter, a dry chocolate frosting mix contains 408 calories per serving - plus the caloric content lodged inside the cake; 1/12th of a large chocolate cake contains about 500 calories.
That comes to about 1,000 calories per slice - far too many to put into any weight loss plan. These types of cakes tend to be found in gourmet deli shops and fine dining restaurants.
For example, Joe's Crab Shack's 'Chocolate Shack Attack' contains1,530 calories per serving along with 63 grams of total dietary fat, 29 grams of saturated fat, 120 mg of cholesterol, 1,660 mg of sodium, 225 total carbohydrate grams, 10 dietary fiber grams, 155 sugar grams and 17 grams of protein. Ouch.
- If you must have solid chocolate, then a few Hershey dark chocolate Kisses or a dark chocolate Hershey bar can hit the spot for minimal calories. If you enjoy 1/2 the Hershey bar, that's not quite 100 calories. You can save the other half for the following day.
- For a few more calories you can add a couple of squares of that chocolate bar to a graham cracker along with a large marshmallow.
- If you're craving a hot fudge sundae, you may be wiser to enjoy one out rather than making one at home as you'll be more apt to stick to one serving.
McDonald's hot fudge sundae is very delicious and contains 333 calories, 10.58 total dietary fat grams and an impressive 249 mg of calcium.
To example the wide difference of calories ranging from chocolate to fruit, their strawberry sundae contains 281 calories, 7.03 total dietary fat grams, 196 mg of calcium, along with 2.7 mg of Vitamin C. The addition of the Vitamin C is definitely a big plus in the area of nutritional values.
- Other quick go-to, healthy snack options include: chocolate covered raisins, and chocolate covered nuts.
Again, opting for the dark chocolate varieties will provide a bit more health benefits where the heart is concerned.
Be certain to keep servings to one. The chocolate covered raisins contain less than 200 calories per serving and there are quite a few raisins in the serving size - enough to enjoy 100 calories worth and save the other half for a rainy day.
Exercise & Activity Articles
Why We Get Fat
Diet Bites | Disclaimers
Diet Bites is a Trademark