Calories in a Hot Dog WIth Bun
Written by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
How many calories in a hot dog with the bun?
Oh no - this is a hard call because of the calories in the frank.
On average, a package containing 10 franks contains about 110 calories per regular-size frank. Add another 75 calories if the franks are jumbo-size.
Most buns contain 80 to 130 calories, depending on the size and brand of the bun. Some light versions may contain much less calories - as low as 45 per bun.
Based on the above, the average hot dog contains about 250 calories. The calorie content is good - as kcals go, but the fat content is out of the ball park.
Tips to Keep the Calorie Count Down
- Enjoy yours with whole grain light or wheat bread. The standard slice of white/wheat bread contains 60 to 80 calories on average - again, depending on the brand and size of the bread.
- Cut the frank in half (length-wise) and save a lot of calories. Odds are, you won't even miss the meat.
- Chili sauce is generally much lower in calories and fat than chili.
- Add kraut to your dawg if you aren't keeping an eye on your sodium intake.
- Look for light franks and reduced fat franks, light buns and franks made with chicken and turkey which tend to be naturally less in calories.
Frankfurter Calories, Fat, Sodium
Diet Bites is a Trademark