Burger King Calories
Article by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Meal Planning for Dieters at Burger King
This fast food restaurant has some very tasty choices on their menu that can fit into almost any diet or weight loss plan. The key is choosing selections which are lower in calories and fat content so that you get the most food, as well as the healthiest choices for your plan.
Some Diet Rules of Thumb when dining at Burger King include:
- The smaller the burger, typically the fewer calories and fat grams contained inside.
- Ordering water, or a diet soda over a small shake can save you more than three hundred calories. For example, a small vanilla shake contains 370 calories while a hamburger contains 260. Even the cheeseburger contains far fewer calories in comparison - coming in at 310 Kcals.
- Diet trouble on the 'double', 'triple', extra large, and large menu items - and that applies to ALL fast food menus. Ordering such puts one at risk for double-d bras, triple weight gain, extra large as well as large shirts and ties. Be kind to your body and remember - your skeletal frame can only support so much weight before crumbling.
Nutrition Data Can Assist in Fighting Weight Gain & Supporting Weight Loss
- Ask for a 'Nutrition Information' sheet before ordering so that you can compare calories, sodium content, fat content, and types of fat content. At the Burger King restaurant that we visited, they included the Nutrition Information sheet on the tray.
- Keep in mind that the nutritional information is based on how the selection is normally prepared by the Burger King staff. Also make note that menu selections tend to be very generous in comparison to many other fast food restaurants.
A great example is their fish sandwich which is much larger than the typical fish sandwiches served at many fast food restaurants. Sharing or saving for later are great suggestions that will allow many menu selections to be enjoyed 'now' and 'later' without breaking the caloric bank on calories and fat.
- Watch those sauce selections as some are very steep in energy values.
Burger King Dipping Sauce & Salad Dressing Calories:
These range from lean to fat in nutritional values; the following data is based on a per ounce serving unless otherwise noted:
In addition, watch those soft drink selections as they too can be very steep in values too due to the sugar content.
Burger King Beverage Calories & Nutrition Facts
For the COCA-COLA® CLASSIC, SPRITE®, and DR PEPPER®, one value size that is 16 fluid ounces contains 140 Kcals. One small that is 22 fluid ounces contains 210 and one medium that is 32 fluid ounces contains 290 while one large that is 42 ounces contains 390. Wouldn't you really rather have a small hamburger instead?
Diet Bites is a Trademark