Fresh Apple Salad Recipe
Article by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Healthy Notes in Fruits
You know the old saying - 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away!' And there is truth to that old saying. Apples are one of the super foods, packed with nutritional goodness while low in calories and fat grams.
While opting for an apple for snack time over a fatty goody such as a cupcake or cookie can save calories and assist with weight loss, apples make terrific extenders for the main dish, vegetables or even salads.
On that note, our Diet Wise Apple Salad Recipe is dynamite-delicious! So many wonderful, unique layers of flavor - so few ingredients. It's natural goodness at its best.
Ingredients for this low calorie recipe:
- 1 apple that has been washed, cored and chopped
- juice of one lemon (or you can use lime or any citrus juice if you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of raisins (brown raisins or golden raisins)
- 1 pecan or walnut cracked, cleaned and chopped OR you can enjoy a serving of croutons instead
- 2 cups of field greens OR chopped lettuce
- dash salt and pepper + light salad dressing; we like the low calorie fruit based salad dressings such as raspberry-walnut or lemon and poppy seed. Opt for salad dressings that are low in calories - 50 calories or less per serving. Our favorite brands of raspberry-walnut and lemon poppy seed contain a scant 30 Kcals per serving.
- 1/4 cup of cooked chopped chicken breast, lean meat only - no skin or visible fat
How to Prepare
Simply mix all the ingredients and enjoy. This low calorie apple recipe transports very well; be sure to coat the apple in the citrus juice to resist browning. Add the salad dressing just before eating.
Calories and servings in this Low Calorie Apple Salad Recipe: Serves 1 for about 275 Kcals.
Diet Bites is a Trademark