What You Don't Miss About Overeating While Dieting
Written by Diet Bites
The healthy benefits and beauty of achieving weight loss success.
When dieting, some people think about all the things they missed eating. Rarely do they think about things that they 'don't miss' about overeating like:
· That terrible 'overstuffed' feeling. It feels like you ate lead and it sticks with you for HOURS and sometimes days if you've had Mexican.
· That feeling of always searching for, "what can I eat now".
Remember how that was? You'd finish one thing and start thinking about what else you could eat - like a machine. Isn't it good to know that you have control over what you eat now?
You don't wake up every morning eating one thing after another until bedtime - and thinking about what you can eat next and next and next. You now plan what you will eat. You are in control and not out of control of your daily diet selections.
· The feeling of failure. Once you achieve weight loss success, there is no looking back no badgering yourself or getting upset because you failed or botched-up your last attempt at losing weight. You're done; you are there - at your recommended weight. And it feels rather great to be a winner, doesn't it?
· The feeling of guilt because you 'know' that you shouldn't eat something that's actually harming your body. Sure, we can treat ourselves from time-to-time, but an excess of foods loaded with dietary fat will just plain end up clogging our arteries. And we don't need that when we have so many other healthy foods to eat, foods that are good for our body and that can assist us in keeping in tip-top shape along with our exercise plan.
And these foods can even assist in making our lives better because we feel better about how we look - and yes, we just plain feel great when we eat healthier foods. By doing such we also increase our potential life span.
· That feeling of being self-conscious that people are looking at you and your shape and judging you for it.
If you are relating to these feelings, then you've probably dropped a good amount of weight now. Aren't you glad you're not where you were? People can actually begin to see you shaping up and they have to respect that.
And isn't it nice to be able to walk into the department store, to enter the clothing area and to find clothes that not only fit - but clothes that you look great in? No more snuggy moo-moo outfits - or jeans that leave deep grooves in the skin. No more lying down on the bed just to get those jeans zipped, either. No more 'last loop on the belt' or shirt collars that don't button because the button hole and the button didn't meet.
In addition, your ring size as well as your shoe size are much smaller now. And yes - those necklaces fit properly without choking you, as does that watch around your thinner wrist.
· Fat clothes with no waistlines or belts. Bye-bye moo moo! Hello thinner clothing.
· Belching, bloating, gas, potty time - sure, everyone is going to have that but when you overeat those functions intensify. Isn't it great to be finally rid of that nagging heartburn?
· Other people watching what you eat and commenting on it. While it was none of their bee's wax in the first place, it happens because some people just enjoy making other people feel bad. Give me the button....
· That desire to be thin again and feeling like you'll never be that again. Now you KNOW, that it's going to be yours again. You are going to be fit again! Remember, you are already there in your mind if you are still in the process of losing those unhealthy, unwanted pounds.
· And….that feeling of, "Just how big am I going to end up?" From here you're not going up but you're taking the elevator down to Size You - to Size Thinner - to a healthier and fitter you. There is not a doubt in your mind that you won't lose all those pounds and receive every healthy benefit we have discussed within this Diet Article.
Relax and take a bubble bath tonight and try to stay away from the kitchen goodies. Don't let the diet plateau disarm your progress or your good thoughts. It just takes a bit of time and you'll soon be at your ideal weight.