Diet & Plans
Diet Bites Weight Loss Program, Menu 27
Written by Diet Bites
Free Diet Menu #27
Snack Suggestions: 1 cup of blackberries and 1 cup of tropical fruit such as mango or pineapple.
Breakfast - 1 protein, 2 grains, 1 dairy, 1 fat
1 egg prepared any way that you like (fried, scrambled, boiled, poached)
2 slices of whole grain bread, toasted (70 calories each)
1 pat of reduced fat margarine (for toast)
1 cup of skim milk
Lunch - 2 grains, 1 protein, 2 vegetables, 1 fruit
Chicken & Rice - very transportable for workers.
- 1 cup of cooked white rice
- 1 chicken bouillon (optional)
- 1/2 cup of cooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms - any variety
- juice of one orange
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange peel
- cooking spray
- salt & pepper
Using cooking spray, sauté onions and mushrooms. Heat orange juice in microwave, then when hot, remove and add bouillon cube. When onions clarify, add the rice, chicken and orange juice mixture. Salt and pepper as desired. Sprinkle with orange peel.
Although adding the bouillon is optional, it adds a 'chickeny' flavor and body to the dish.
Enjoy with one whole grain dinner roll (about 70 calories).
Dinner - 1 protein, 1 dairy, 2 grains, 2 vegetables
Philly Steak 'n Cheese
- 3 ounces of lean deli roast beef
- 1 slice of mozzarella cheese (60 calories)
- 1/2 cup of diced OR sliced onions
- 1/4 cup of diced bell peppers
- 1 whole grain hoagie bun (allowed 140 calories)
- 1 pat of reduced fat margarine
- cooking spray
Toast hoagie bun by spreading with butter and placing under the broiler or on the stove top in a pan. Next, place onions and pepper in a skillet and sauté using cooking spray. Add roast beef when onions clarify. Remove when hot and transfer mixture to hoagie bun.
Top with cheese and allow to melt.
Enjoy with 1 piece of angelfood cake (110 calories) topped with 1/2 cup of berries and 2 Tablespoons of light whipped topping.
1 dairy, 1 fruit