Diet Bites Weight Loss Program, Menu 18
Written by Sky Taylor, Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Free Diet Menu #18
Enjoy the following snacks throughout your day: 1 banana and 1 medium size orange.
Breakfast - 2 grains, 1 fruit, 1 dairy
1 package of instant oatmeal* any flavor (150 calories)
1 slice of whole grain toast (70 calories)
1 Tablespoon of favorite jam/preserves/jelly/apple butter (60 calories)
1 cup of skim milk
*Tip: to prepare at work, use a deep coffee cup filled with heated water.
Lunch - 1.5 proteins, 6 vegetables, 2 grains
- 3 slices of lean bacon, cooked and drained well
- tomato slices
- lettuce leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of light Mayo
- 2 slices of whole grain bread (70 calories each)
Toast bread and assemble. Also enjoy 2 cups of the following mix:
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 teaspoon of skim milk
- 1 teaspoon of sugar OR Splenda
- dash of celery salt
- bit of grated carrot, if desired
Dinner - 1 protein, 3 vegetables, 2 grain
Diet Miser's Puff Pastry Pockets Recipe:
- 1/2 cup of white chicken breast, boned and without the skin - lean only
- 1 cup of baby spinach, raw
- 1/2 cup of onions
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- cooking spray
- puffed pastry, thawed (300 calories worth)
Cut out two servings (into squares) from the puff pastry sheets. Roll gently to enlarge pastry.
Sauté mushrooms, onions and spinach using cooking spray. Add chicken then transfer to the center of the puff pastries. Fold as you would a turnover and bake as instructed.
These are so delicious and one of our most-prized original Diet Bites recipes.
1 dairy, 1 fruit
Diet Bites is a Trademark