Fresh Fruit Equals Fresh Weight Loss
Looking for a Diet Deal when it comes to snacks and dessert time?
Let's get fresh with some of the best snack and dessert choices on the planet!
Most all fruits contain less than 100 calories each and can be much more satisfying than those 100 calorie packs of cookies and other miscellaneous goodies.
And as far as healthy nutritional comparisons go - fresh fruit blows bakery-type 100-calorie snacks clean out of the Diet Saddle.
Here are a few really healthy choices when it comes to fruity snacks - and if you must have a dip with your fruit, opt for low fat yogurt over melted chocolate, melted caramel and so forth.
Calories in Fruit List
- 1/2 grapefruit - 35 calories
- 1 cup of strawberries - 45 calories
- 3 medium apricots - 51 calories
- 1 cup cantaloupe - 55 calories
- 1/2 cup of cherries - 37 calories
- 1 cup of cranberries - 45 calories
- 1 cup of grapes - 55 calories
- 1 medium guava - 45 calories
- 1 cup of honeydew melon - 60 calories
- 1/2 papaya (about 5 1/2 ounces) 60 calories
- 1 medium peach - 40 calories
And oh! Let's not forget our sexy Miss Pineapple. One tasty cup contains about 76 healthy calories.
In Weight Loss Summary
Why is fruit such a wonderful selection for snack and dessert time for dieters? As we can see from the calories above, it's due to it being so low in energy values - plus they are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. But we shouldn't stop at snack and dessert time - we should add fruit to the foods that we prepare for our meal plate. Strawberries added to raw spinach and lightly coated in a fruit-based dressing is a good place to start as is adding dried fruits to your next gourmet salad.
Diet Bites is a Trademark