Quick Weight Loss - 10 Sources of Weight Gain
Written by Diet Bites
Knowing where the pitfalls lie along the Diet Trail can actually contribute to a faster rate of weight loss.
Here are our top ten pitfalls:
1. The holidays.
When we make merry, many times we also make many pounds on our happy bodies. At times, one would almost think that they were put there by the elves because they pack on so quickly.
Fact is, it's hard to avoid those holiday appetizers, desserts and spirits.
Solution: Try filling up on Holiday Cheer rather than the real thing.
As we've said many a time, desserts spelled backwards is stressed - and for those with deep sweet tooths that are continually crying to be filled, it's a most trying moment.
Solution: Try craving lettuce instead (yeah, I know). Seriously, if you have a Sweet Tooth, if you'll simply cut back on sugary foods then your cravings may lessen. In addition, try to include sweet foods in your eating plan that are healthy - or at minimum somewhat healthy. Rather than a slice of pie - reach for fresh fruit. Rather than candy that won't stick to your ribs for a significant amount of time, reach for a sweet oat bar instead. Sunbelt has a Honey & Oat bar that we go ga-ga for and it contains a tiny 120 calories and is quite filling. And it's something that we can feel great about eating because it offers several healthy notes.
Another option is slightly sweetened whole grain cereal. Much better than bingeing on candy bars and full-blown soda. Which brings us to the following....
3. Sugar filled beverages which are filled with high calories and little, in any, necessary nutrients. Try these suggestions instead for less calories: Foods Under 200 Calories
4. Say cheese please. For quick weight loss, don't cut the cheese.
5. Snacking - particularly late night snacking.
It all reverts back to childhood when our mommies gave us a nightly warm bottle of milk before beddy-bye.
However, we made the mistake of adding a stack of cookies to our bedtime milk.
Skip the cookies and only inhale skim or low fat milk for quick weight loss.
For quick weight loss, choose the udder butter - the one that tucks into your fridge and contains zero calories/fat.
7. Portion sizes. Measure foods to obtain the body measurements you want. Serving Sizes Defined
8. Confusion over what constitutes a serving size. Serving Size Matters
9. Incorporating the correct foods into the daily diet basing those choices on the Food Pyramid.
10. Inactivity. Incorporate exercise for quick weight loss. Peachy Weight Loss Tips