Diet Newsletter for September Dieters
Written by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
Diet Bites Newsletter Edition #9
Losing a Few Pounds Equals Impressive Health Rewards
Even losing a small amount of weight can accomplish the following in regards to a healthy benefits:
- Weight loss can improve performance in not only public life, but also in the private sector. Just a few pounds of weight loss can kick-start the sluggish engine.
- Weight gain can trigger diabetes. Losing weight - even a small amount, can assist the diabetic in controlling blood sugar levels.
- Less weight - even if it's just a few pounds can improve breathing, enhance movement and lessen the strain on the skeletal frame, making romantic moment more fulfilling experiences.
So change out that apple pie for an apple, kick that donut to the curb for a slice of whole grain bread with a tab of fruit jam, and knock Alfredo out and opt for Mr. Handsome Grilled Salmon instead - and within a very short time you'll be rewarded with weight loss results.
Healthy Snack Time Suggestions for Dieters
This one is SO easy. Grab your bag of large marshmallows. You can enjoy 5 for about 100 calories. The great things about marshmallows are:
- They are fat-free;
- They can take a long time to eat;
- They can be toasted so that one can peel off one toasty golden layer at a time between toastings.
- They go well on Diet Cocoa.
Diet Cocoa Recipe: Mix 1 Tablespoon of powdered cocoa with a bit of water, taking care to add water a tiny bit at a time. When the chocolate mixture is loose, add zero calorie Splenda (or a spoon of sugar) and stir the mixture. Mix into one cup of warm skim or reduced fat milk and add any of the following ingredients to take this low calorie cocoa recipe to another level:
- few mini-marshmallows
- a peppermint stick
- a spray of whipped topping
- a cinnamon stick
Low Fat Recipe for Chick of the Woods Salad
The Recipe Ingredients
Toss together 2 cups of assorted field greens, 1/2 cup of cubed - roasted chicken, 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 sliced apple that has been sprayed with a bit of lemon juice, a few olives, 1 teaspoon of bacon bits, sliced cucumber, shredded carrots and a few cherry tomatoes - or your favorite type of tomatoes.
Feel free to mix things up and use the ingredients which you enjoy the best.
Add raspberry-walnut (or any fruity) salad dressing OR serve salad dressing on the side.
Keep in mind that salad dressing can be very pricey in calories, so that's why it's important to measure out a serving size. Although size isn't always everything, it is in this event.
Add a few croutons to the salad if desired, as well as a teaspoon of crushed nuts and a teaspoon of golden or dark raisins. Serve with a diet soda.
Diet Bites is a Trademark