Women & Weight Loss - Where Fat Accumulates in Women
Written by Diet Bites
Diet Article: Fat distribution in women.
Problematic weight gain areas for women include the: legs, hips, thighs, abdominal region, upper arms, buttocks, abdominal area and the hips.
Weight gain in women may also take root in the chin area, the neck area, shoulders, love-handle area and leg-calf regions.
Women tend to stress out more over their appearance than most men do and this can effect everything from self-image to quality of sex life.
If those unhealthy pounds are making you feel miserable, it's time to leave those unwanted love handles behind. You can start right now in losing pounds. We have some tips to assist:
- If you're going on a weight loss plan with your male partner, don't be discouraged if they lose weight quicker. The male body is designed much differently in the area of muscle mass. It simply takes we-women longer to drop pounds than the guys. Yes, I know - it's not a grand situation but it is what it is.
- If you have 75 pounds or less of weight to lose then try going on a 1,500 calorie daily diet. After a day or two you can adjust the caloric values. If you're feeling weak, you'll need to increase the amount but not by much. The average male consumes about 2,000 calories per day. It's the standard pattern for our food and nutrition labels. Because we-women are smaller on average than males, we naturally require fewer calories (or energy).
- Be sure to visit with your doctor so that he or she can see where your current health level is at; they will also want to rule our any condition that may be contributing to your weight gain. For example, if you have a hormonal imbalance, this alone can trigger weight gain.
Hormonal imbalances are far more common in women than men. And it's just wise to get a check-up before dieting. As you drop those unwanted pounds, you can see how much your level of health improves.
- Until some of the weight is off you can conceal those unsightly pounds in many ways. Vests work well as do light jackets. If it's hot outdoors, then loose clothing may fit the bill. But whatever size that you are, elude confidence. Let's take a look at how Betty deals with her overweight condition.
Betty is single and decides to visit the public swimming pool. It's so hot outdoors and she wants to cool off in the pool as well as get in some healthy exercise. She is currently losing weight and is quite happy with her results thus far.
She is wearing a modest swimsuit and when she arrives at the pool area, she notes another lady who is far thinner than Betty. The lady is also dressed in a modest swimsuit but Betty can tell by her mannerisms that she is not comfortable in the swimsuit. The lady is hunched over, as if trying to go into a fetal position - attempting to hide her weight.
Betty squares her shoulders, not about to care what others at the pool are thinking about her size. She dives into the pool and enjoys the coolness of the water as well as the healthy swim.
By the time she gets out of the swimming pool, several of the single men are chatting with her and smiling. The lady she spotted when she entered the pool area is still standing to one side, still attempting to cover her swimsuit.
There is definitely something to be said for anyone who has a good dose of self-confidence. When an individual thinks highly of their own self, it makes other mirror that opinion. Of course, when a person thinks too much of their self - arrogance settles in and that's not in any way attractive.
- To stimulate weight loss, try cutting out snacks or eating a piece of fresh fruit instead of your regular snack fare. Also limit helpings at meal time to single servings. Embrace foods that are close to nature - such as raw foods including vegetables and fruits.
- When it comes to dairy foods, purchase or order lower fat versions of the product.
- For grains, embrace whole grain goodness which can assist in curbing appetite. Also embrace a healthy dose of protein as that too can assist in curbing appetite.
- And you'll want to add moderate activity to your weight loss plan to stimulate quicker results.
Before long, you'll see substantial weight loss and a healthier you!