Benefits of Weight Loss
Written by Diet Bites
How weight loss benefits the body in a healthy weigh when it comes off safely.
In order to enjoy the benefits associated with weight loss, the dieter must lose the weight in a healthy manner. If not, there can be more negative health effects than good accompanying the weight loss results - some of which may be life long or even cost the dieter their very life.
But enough of the negative - let's assume that the weight loss plan that has been chosen is the healthiest one on the planet, built upon the official American Food Pyramid and it's vital food groups. Based on such, let's see what the dieter can expect in return for weight lost:
1. Breathe. Oh my, with those lungs no longer compressed via layers of fat, they pump in non-constricted glory. And when the lungs are in great working order, the heart also benefits.
2. Speaking of the heart, it's so much happier now and not only because it's no longer nesting in a mound of fat but also because there is a lot less work to do now. This was the size of the body that the heart was intended to support; when it was too fat - the heart as well as the other now-happy vital organs had to work overtime to get their job done.
3. If you had issues struggling with your thoughts before you lost the weight, this is what is commonly referred to as 'mental fog'. With the fat on the brain now gone, even the brain is happy.
4. Remember how your knees ached at times along with your legs and back? These were signals that the body frame was hoisting too much weight around and it was it's only mode of communication other than snapping in two - aches and pains due to overload of pounds. Now, it's happy too.
5. Bending; yes those knees are able to do such freely now and they have the power to put the body back into a standing position, too. Before, they were cringing - struggling to lift that extra weight back into a standing position; these days they spring into action. In addition, the body is more balanced these days at its thinner state.
6. To see how weight impacts the body, try picking up a five pound bag of dog or kitty food next time you are at the market. If you can comfortably life more weight, then try the 10 pound bag, then move to the 15 - then the 20 and 25 pound bag. If there is a 50 pound bag in the store and you feel comfortable lifting that, then see how 50 pounds feels.
Did you lose that much weight? Or an amount that equaled one of the other bags? If so, think about how your body felt lugging that weight around each and every minute of each and every day. No wonder it's so happy these days in its thinner state.
It might be impossible for you to carry around one of the bags of pet food all day, particularly that 50 pounder. The body only manages to do such because it is distributed all over the body.
7. Bye bye heartburn and digestive upset and hello digestive freedom. Now that the body is thin, it will be less likely to experience digestive upset. Sure, there will be those rare bouts of indigestion - but no more nightly heartburn, bloating, burping and abdominal pain due to gas and cramping.
8. Sleep will come easier and the individual will be less likely to snore, which is actually quite dangerous as the air can become shut off in the throat due to snoring.
- Weight loss has the power to correct existing medical ills or ward off such ills including blood pressure woes, and unhealthy cholesterol levels. Weight loss can also assist in avoiding serious health ailments including heart issues, diabetes and certain cancers.
9. An increase in energy levels is one of the best benefits of weight loss.
10. We've talked about all those wonderful things that occurred on the inside - now let's talk abut the outside. A thinner body equals an increase in self-esteem and confidence as the thinner body becomes more attractive.
And finally, losing those unhealthy pounds can translate to a longer life.