Low Calorie Beverage Suggestions
Losing all those excess pounds may be as easy as cutting out high calorie, empty calorie beverages and drinks from the daily diet.
Even foods that support a healthy body - such as juice are excessive in calories with a dieter benefiting more in weight loss results by switching to fresh fruit rather than it's higher calorie cousin without losing any healthy nutritional benefits.
Because the body is very smart, it may try to sneak in the missing beverage calories by consuming an excess of food.
Our lovely-tasting soda that contains 140 calories may be missing, but we may in-turn grab a package of fries to compensate for those missing calories.
Whether one is losing weight or not, it's human to want to experience life to its fullest. This may lead to an occasional shake or malt, or a glass of sweet tea or a smoothie or a good old fashioned float.
The key word is 'occasional. And 'occasional is accompanied with calorie planning if one wants to get trimmer or keep their trim shape. It may mean a lighter breakfast and dinner in order to indulge in that favorite chocolate shake it may mean eating lighter a few days after or before the shake. Or, it may mean making beverage choices that are similar to the foods we crave - in this case, a chocolate shake.
Let's see if Diet Bites lower calorie chocolate shake recipe can satisfy the craving for way-fewer calories:
Add 3½ cups of ice cold skim milk to 1 small box of sugar-free instant pudding, plus 1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract. Combine until thick. Total calories equal about 400 calories and makes 2 very generous servings for about 200 calories each - about ¼ of the amount of calories as a regular large shake!
- 1 cup of skim milk (90 calories)
- 1 cup of skim milk + 1/2 cup of unsweetened, frozen strawberries + 1 Tablespoon of Splenda blended together (about 120 calories)
- Any and all diet sodas and teas sweetened with sugar substitute.
- Calorie wise juices containing 5 to 60 calories per serving.
- Coffee and tea sweetened with sugar substitute and powdered creamer OR enjoy without the sweetness and creamer.
- Vegetable juices made with a juicer at home.
- Reduced calorie flavored waters.
- The juice from one squeezed lemon or lime + no calorie sweetener and water.
- The best choice? Plain, old-fashioned water, a precious gift from Mother Nature herself!
Diet Bites is a Trademark