Free Diet Menu #19 - It'sa Cheesy Pizza Pie!
Low Calorie Recipe for Pizza
Written by Sky Taylor, Diet Bites
It'sa Cheesy Pizza Pie!
Can't mention cheese without thinking of a tasty cheese pizza pie! The pepperoni is yours for the taking....
Pizza crust is very easy to make. Here's how:
- In a deep bowl combine ¾ cup of al-purpose flour and 1 package of active dry yeast.
- Add 1 cup of warm water (120°-130°) and 1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Beat with an electric mixer using low speed for about 30 seconds, scraping the bowl frequently.
- Continue to beat on high for an additional 2 minutes.
- Incorporate up to 1 additional cup of all-purpose flour to create a stiff dough. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until it has an elastic feel - about 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cover and allow to rest 10 minutes before using.
It'sa Cheesy Pizza Pie! - a lower calorie recipe for weight loss.
Roll out prepared dough in a circular fashion and place onto a non-stick pizza pan (about 10" round) that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
You can dust the pan with a bit of cornmeal if you wish before putting the dough onto the pan.
Top with your favorite pizza sauce.
Next, add one 8-oz package of shredded low fat mozzarella cheese. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for about 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted thoroughly and crust edges appear golden brown.
Before adding the cheese, you can add the following toppings for a burst of nutrition:
Sauteed sliced mushrooms, chopped onions, chopped bell peppers, green or black sliced olives.
If adding meat, check the label for calorie content before digging in.
Pizza should make 8 servings.
Enjoy 2 slices with or without the added veggies. If adding meat, enjoy one large slice.
Enjoy a side salad of mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumber and carrot with your meal.
Be sure to use low calorie, light salad dressing or opt for balsamic vinegar. We allowed about 100 calories for the salad, so be sure to monitor your salad dressing which can quickly increase calorie content.
Diet Bites is a Trademark