Diet & Plans
Reducing Body Fat
Belly Fat Articles
Seven Cheese Lovers Diet Plan Breakfast Menus
Written by Diet Bites
Because most of the following breakfast menus are paired with eggs, we suggest that you alternate these menus with morning cereal. Both cheese and eggs are associated with cholesterol issues over the long term, so moderation is key when dieting OR not.
If you're really into cheese, you can certainly insert some in your breakfast.
We have seven tasty examples below, but otherwise enjoy up to 300 calories of your favorite warm or cold cereal with skim milk + 1 fruit. Example of a healthy breakfast using cereal & fruit:
1 cup of Honey Nut Cheerios (110 calories)
1/2 cup of skim milk (50 calories)
1 medium-size banana sliced into cereal (about 105 calories)
The Cheese Lovers Diet Breakfast Menus
1. Cheese Omelet - yes, it's Mr. Obvious!
Whip one egg, any size with a whisk - adding a dash of milk, salt and pepper if desired - but do take care in using the salt as cheese is generally mined with sodium. A Sodium Overload in the morning won't make your day. Swollen ring finger, swollen knees, swollen hips and thighs - a miserable morning for a girl or a guy.
Gently transfer the omelet mix to a non-stick skillet and once the omelet sets, carefully turn. Fill one side with low fat cheese OR one slice of cheese, fold and enjoy.
Adding chopped vegetables to your omelet adds nutrition and boosts flavor without adding significant calories. We suggest sautéing the veggies in cooking spray before transferring them to your omelet as it sets - just before the Big Turn. Tasty suggestions include any variety of chopped onion or chopped bell pepper; a bit of chopped celery, chopped broccoli or sliced mushrooms. Cubed lean ham also makes a healthy addition as long as it's low in sodium content. If not, try rinsing under cool water, then sauté before adding to omelet. This will help remove a good deal of the salt.
The omelet contains about 175 calories when prepared with the low calorie veggies OR about 150 without. Be sure to add a small piece of fruit to your breakfast and a cup of skim milk.
2. Cheese Quiche - Left over from the tasty lunch/dinner menus from The Cheese Lovers Diet. Enjoy one slice (warm or cold) with a serving of fruit.
3. Cheesy Breakfast Burrito - Not all flour tortilla calories are created equal so begin by choosing a brand low in calories. A warm burrito can be had by use of the microwave OR by heating the flour tortilla on the stove top using a non-stick pan and cooking spray (butter flavor will add zing!).
If you're not into heavy flavors you can simply whip one egg, any size with a whisk - adding a dash of milk, salt and pepper if desired, then prepare it as you would a traditional scrambled egg ONLY using cooking spray rather than margarine or butter when cooking the egg. If you enjoy heavy flavors, add a bit of chopped cilantro and diced onion to the egg mixture before scrambling. Transfer to one side of the warmed flour tortilla; top with shredded or sliced low fat cheese; roll and enjoy. Dip into salsa if desired.
If using a 100 calorie flour tortilla and a slice of 60-calorie mozzarella cheese, the calorie content of the Cheesy Breakfast Burrito equals about 250 calories. Be sure to add a small piece of fruit to your breakfast OR a cup of skim milk.
4. Yummy Muffin - Spray 1/2 an English Muffin with butter flavored cooking spray and then toast. While piping hot, add 1 scrambled egg + 1 slice of 60-calorie cheese. If cheese doesn't quickly melt, place into the microwave for a few seconds. You can also take your Yummy Muffin up a notch in nutrition by adding 1/4 cup of sauteed veggies to the eggs.
The Yummy Muffin calories will depend upon the brand of muffin used. Ours contained 80 calories for 1/2 of the muffin bringing our total calorie content to about 210 calories. Be sure to add a small piece of fruit to your breakfast and 1/2 cup of skim milk.
5. Cheese & Fruit Tray - This is a Diet No-Brainer, isn't it? Simply enjoy a selection of your favorite fruits with a selection of your favorite cheeses. Fruit calories are located here. Check the labels for your cheese calories.
6. Cheese Grits - Another Diet No-Brainer as cheese grits can be easily found at the local market in the cereal section. Feel free to prepare your favorite Cheese Grit recipe, ensuring that calories are controlled.
7. Cheese Toast - Yet another simple cheesy recipe. Be sure to use whole grain bread for additional nutrition benefits. To prepare, we simply spray our bread with butter flavored cooking spray, then we heat on the stove top in a non-stick pan until warm; next we turn the bread over and add a slice of low fat mozzarella cheese. Calories will depend upon the brand of bread used. Be sure to add a small piece of fruit to your breakfast and a cup of skim milk.