Diet & Plans
Reducing Body Fat
Harvest Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Written by Diet Bites
Cauliflower, a Healthy Ingredient
You'll need about half an hour in order to prepare this recipe. Take note that it does contain a smattering of butter in addition to Half & Half. Both are necessary to add flavor and texture to the Cauliflower Soup Recipe.
You'll also receive a healthy boost of essential vitamins and minerals with each tasty spoonful.
Per 1 cup of chopped raw cauliflower, you'll receive over 51 milligrams of immunity-boosting Vitamin C.
Per cup, in its raw state it contains a significant amount of potassium at 320 milligrams. In addition there is a surprising 2.05 grams of protein in the cup.
Other Health Ingredients
Our recipe for Harvest Cauliflower Soup contains over healthy ingredients - including carrots, onion and celery.
We recommend serving this ridiculously fresh soup with a loaf of crusty bread, such as the peasant-type breads dusted with flour.
Ingredient for Harvest Cauliflower Soup Recipe
4 cooked cups of chopped cauliflower
*The amount of milk that you add can be adjusted to suit your personal preference of the texture of the soup.
For a thicker soup, add less milk. For a thinner soup, add a bit more.
In addition, you can also use less or more of the steamed cauliflower in your recipe. More - will produce a thicker soup.
Additional salt is not needed as the chicken bouillon cube contains lots of salt. If you wish to add a bit of cracked pepper - feel free to do such.
In addition, a stick of cooked bacon crumbled over the warm soup is also mighty tasty for an additional 25 calories - when the bacon strip has been prepared in the microwave.
How to Prepare Diet Bites Harvest Cauliflower Soup Recipe
1. Add all the vegetables to a soup pot EXCEPT the cauliflower. Cover with water and cook until the vegetables are tender, adding the bouillon cube just before they reach that tender state.
2. We opt to cook our cauliflower in a separate pot because the liquid that is produced by cauliflower isn't a pleasant flavor. You can also opt for a steam method if you wish. After cooking, drain thoroughly.
3. Place the vegetables and 1/2 of the cooked cauliflower into a blender or food process and puree until it reaches the desired consistency.
4. Next, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in the microwave and add the pureed mixture to the bowl.
5. Add the Half & Half and the milk. Stir until incorporated.
7. Chop the remaining cooked cauliflower and add to the mixture and return to the microwave, cooking until soup mixture is hot.