Diet Bites Three Day Grapefruit Diet
1 piece of 70-calorie (approximately) whole grain bread pan-toasted using butter flavored cooking spray; add 1/2 slice of cheese while bread is still in pan PLUS two strips of microwaved bacon. Be sure to blot off excess oil with a clean paper towel.
1 cup skim milk (80 calories) or drink 1/2 cup of whole milk
Food Groups: 8 vegetables, 1 grain, 1 dairy, 1 meat
Large Cahoona Salad consisting of the following mix:
- 6 cups of field greens OR assorted lettuce OR baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons of grated cheese
- 1 slice of extra lean deli meat chopped - such as roast beef, ham
- 4 cherry tomatoes or 1/2 chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons of LIGHT raspberry salad dressing - or your favorite such as ranch, French, Italian. Allow 80 calories.
1 Bread stick OR a slice of 100-calorie bread OR a serving of crackers
1 slice of angel food cake OR any dessert containing about 130 calories
1 granola bar OR 1 Rice Crispy Rice Bar (allow 120 calories)
3 ounces of your favorite fish - broiled, baked or 'pan-fried' without batter using cooking spray; sprinkle with lemon pepper for a delicious zing OR spray with lemon juice at the table
Tartar Sauce (allow 50 calories)
1/2 cup of couscous with Parkay no-calorie butter OR 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta such as bowtie
1 cup of green beans OR broccoli OR cauliflower
1 serving of sugar free gelatin
Squeeze 1/2 grapefruit into a small glass and enjoy with meal; add no-calorie sweetener if more sweetening powers are desired.
Food Groups: 1 fruit
Freeze 1 cup of grapes earlier in the day and enjoy for your evening snack.
Diet Bites is a Trademark