Once the eggs are boiled and cut in half, you will have 24 egg holders, yolks removed.
Be sure to reserve 6 of the whole egg yolks which will be used in preparing the filling for the Reindeer Eggs.
In addition to the eggs, you will need the following to make this light, low calorie recipe:
- 1 dozen boiled eggs, cracked, peeled, washed, cut in half with yolks removed
- 6 whole, cooked egg yolks
- 4 slices of bacon that has been microwaved, then crumbled
- 6 green olives stuffed with pimento chopped + 24 whole green olives
- 1/2 cup of LIGHT Miracle Whip
- 1 Tablespoon of prepared yellow mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (gives the Reindeer Eggs a little kick)
Combine the following using a blender, mixer or food processor: egg yolks, Miracle Whip, mustard, salt, peppers.
Stir in the bacon and olives. Spoon mixture into the white egg 'shells' using about 1 teaspoon for each egg half.
Next, dust with paprika. Finally, add one whole green olive to each Reindeer Egg.
Diet Bites is a Trademark