SlimQuick Review, Side Effects, Ingredients
Written by Diet Bites
What is SlimQuick?
It's important to note that SlimQuick has not received approval from the FDA. SlimQuick is promoted as an advanced fat burner for women, proclaiming to overcome Weight Loss Obstacles generally associated with women (physiological, hormonal, etc.). SlimQuick is promoted as a fat burner, an energy booster and an appetite suppressant.
Ingredients in SlimQuick
SlimQuick is comprised of six formulated complexes: Cyclovite, Nutraptherm, Aquaplex, Estrotim, Cortifem, and Xtend. What is contained in the complexes? Let's review:
1. Cyclovite: a mineral/vitamin combo. Cyclovite contains Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, calcium and folic acid.
2. Nutraptherm: The key ingredient in SlimQuick which supposedly targets weight loss by increasing metabolic rate through stimulation of the ingredients that comprise Nutraptherm: green tea leaf extract, caffeine, cocoa bean extract, yerba mate extract, and clary sage extract.
- Caffeine, perhaps the most popular ingredient, is associated with rapid heart beat, increasing blood pressure, jitters and headaches.
- Yerba Mate Extract: Some health studies indicate Yerba Mate Extract to be carcinogenic, particularly involving certain cancers including those of the neck, lungs, digestive system and head. Two separate studies involving regular Yerba Mate tea drinkers indicated a 60% increase in respiratory and digestive cancers. Another study indicated that Yerba Mate may be a paradoxical herb holding both anti-cancer as well as pro-cancer effects. Be sure to discuss use of Yerba Mate in any form with your doctor before including it in your diet.
- Cocoa Bean Extract: May generate antidepressant-like effects.
- Clary Sage Extract: Creates a calming, relaxing effect. Clary Sage Extract should never be used by pregnant or nursing women.
- Green Tea Leaf Extract: Overdose of green tea leaf extract may cause seizures, digestive issues and irregular heartbeat. Medicinal uses include cancer prevention, lowering cholesterol, delaying Parkinson's Disease, preventing Parkinson's Disease, and increasing stamina and alertness. Take note that some herbal, diet and weight loss supplements have been found to contain harmful impurities.
3. Aquaplex: acts as a diuretic. Aquaplex contains dandelion root, uva ursi extract, pine bark extract and horsetail herb.
- Dandelion Root: Side effects of dandelion root include an allergic reaction. May trigger mouth sores. May interfere with antibiotics, lithium, and other medications.
- Uva Ursi Extract: High in tannin and may cause nausea and vomiting; any benefits canceled out by Vitamin C.
- Pine Bark Extract: Side effects of pine bark extract include irritability, reduced energy.
- Horsetail Herb: Many serious side effects are associated with horsetail herb and may even be life threatening. Side effects of horsetail herb includes: interference with ACE inhibitor drugs, interference with kidney activity, imbalance in the water/potassium release response, deficient potassium and heart issues. Those with heart conditions or who are on nicotine replacement therapy should not take horsetail herb as a life-threatening situation can occur.
4. Estrotim: hormone balancing complex. Estrotim contains soy isoflavones.
- Soy isoflavones: Alert your doctor before undergoing surgery if you are taking soy isoflavones. Various soy proteins have been found to be related to juvenile and insulin-dependent mellitus diabetes. Soy impacts zinc absorption, calcium absorption, and should be used with caution by individuals with thyroid issues. Soy has been connected with increased menstrual cycles, and decreased estrogen levels.
5. Cortifem: to reduce stress related hormones. Cortifem contains beta-sitosterol, amino acid and golden root.
- Beta-Sitosterol: Side effects of beta-sitosterol include nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and constipation.
- Amino Acid: Should be avoided by individuals with liver and kidney issues.
- Golden Root: Side effects of golden root include constipation, vision issues, tightening in the chest, and allergic reactions including swelling, hives, and difficulty in swallowing.
6. Xtend: enhances nutrient absorption. Xtend consists of cellulose ethers and black pepper.
- Cellulose Ethers: Side effects include significant gastrointestinal effects.
SlimQuick, Potential Side Effects
Who Should Take SlimQuick?
No one, unless pre-approved by their doctor. Those that may be at a higher risk for developing health issues by taking SlimQuick include those with heart and circulatory conditions, diabetics, individuals with liver conditions, pregnant and nursing women, individuals with muscular-related diseases, individuals with auto-immune conditions and individuals with hidden health issues.
It's important to keep in mind that even natural ingredients can present significant health risks, including death. Keep in mind that even a poisonous mushroom is a 100% natural source.
Rather than putting your hopes and dreams for weight loss success in an over the counter diet supplement which has not been approved by the FDA for effectiveness, save that hard earned money and try the following instead. You sure won't lose a penny for your efforts, but you will lose weight. You won't lose your good health either, and there are so many wonderful things to be GAINED!
- Cut out snacks completely. That alone should generate healthy weight loss.
- For dessert, choose a serving of your favorite fresh, unsweetened canned or frozen fruit.
- Cut out sodas, beer, spirits, and juices and other high calorie beverages. Rather than juice, opt for fruit which is eons lower in calories and offers a healthy dose of fiber.
- For milk and dairy needs, go skim for slim!
- Don't reach for second helpings.
- Base your diet on the official food pyramid.
- Don't forget to exercise. Walking is something that most of us do every day and it's one of the best ways to lose weight.
- Get your ample daily dietary fiber which helps keep the gut moving naturally.
- Rev up your metabolism by starting the day with a healthy breakfast.
- Don't forget those oh-so-important healthy 40 winks.