Foods Low in
Olive oil is an exceptionally rich source for this lipid, comprised of about 75% monounsaturated fat which makes it one of the healthiest fats.
It's the cornerstone of the Mediterranean Diet and a daily eating plan which is rich in monounsaturated fat while low in saturated and Trans fats can combat heart disease, some types of cancer and may protect against other debilitating illnesses.
At times, the content of this lipid in foods is quite scant.
The following selections are very low in monounsaturated fat grams and can be a healthy part of your weight loss plan. Note that many of the foods which are listed below are natural, raw selections which are naturally low in all lipid content.
All lettuce, carrots, radishes, peppers, soy sauce, spinach potatoes, cornstarch, pickles, shallots, water chestnuts, pepper and hot sauces and salsas; sweet potato, lemon and lime juice, teas, onions, endive, all melons, maple syrup, cauliflower, cucumber, pimento, broccoli, fruit butters such as apple and peach, catsup, leeks, spices such as garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon; grapes, beers, mixed drinks, dried apples, pineapple, fruit cocktail, applesauce, cabbage, fruit punch, lemonades, strawberries.
All of these foods, beverages and additives contain less than 0.005 grams of monounsaturated fat.
Smart Weight Loss Tips - An Example of a Simple Weight Loss Plan
Weight Loss Hurdles &How to Jump Safely Over Them - Amy wakes up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with high anticipation of starting her day.
She's going to the fair and oh my, she's going to have fun! Then everything falls apart as she walks outside to her car to discover four flat tires.
Weight loss plans are mined with hurdles, holes, tall fences, steep cliffs, rotten plateaus and very few safety nets that are strong and withstanding.
Therefore the dieter must exercise great thought and concentration in order to stay focused on their weight loss plan.
Let's take a look at Dieter Vicky's current weight loss plan and some of the hurdles she has recently faced. And let's see how she was able to jump safely over them, continuing forward on the old weight loss trail towards weight loss success:
* On Monday morning Vicky arrived at work to find a large chocolate cake in the break room. It was Jimmy's birthday and the company had purchased his favorite cake, which was also Vicky's favorite cake.
One slice of the chocolate cake contained 400 calories. Vicky was able to jump over this weight loss hurdle by opting for a verythin slice of the cake - which equaled about 1/3 of a regular slice for a skinny 133 calories.
* On Tuesday she had been invited to a baby shower. When she arrived, delicious foods were everywhere! A punchbowl here, a cookie plate there, and a plethora of appetizers that looked absolutely delicious! It didn't help that the guest of honor kept teasing everyone with, " I'm eating for two."
Vicky decided upon two of the tasty appetizers and a cup of punch. When she arrived home for dinner, she enjoyed a tasty, low calorie salad to balance her calorie intake for the day.
* On Wednesday she arrived for mid-week church services which was also donut night. The church members always congregated in the meeting hall after services to fellowship over a cup of coffee and donuts. Vicky opted to forego the donut but enjoyed a cup of the coffee.
* On Thursday her co-workers had a standing lunch date. This week the majority wanted to dine at a local Italian restaurant. Vicky jumped over this weight loss hurdle by requesting a nutrition chart from their waitress, then opting for the healthier, lower calorie entrees.
* On Friday evening, her family decided to splurge on ice cream while playing video games together. Vicky jumped over this weight loss hurdle by opting for a dream bar containing a skinny 70 calories. Better yet, the dream bar was also dreamy delicious.
* On Saturday the family went to the movies together. It was difficult to resist the tub of hot buttered popcorn her husband had ordered, so Vicky wisely took out three handfuls, ate each very slowly, then stopped.
* On Sunday, her husband took the family out for lunch after church services which was nice and thoughtful, but her suggestion had been over-ruled in favor of a hamburger cafe.
Vicky ordered the small burger without cheese, with mustard, pickle, onion and lettuce and opted for a small bag of baked potato chips.
Losing weight is a very difficult process and when doing such the dieter must always be on their toes - as well as exercise their best behavior.
While Vicky could have relented and been sucked into the Vortex of Weight Gain, she wisely stood her ground while jumping over all her weight loss hurdles this week. If she continues to do such, she will quickly reach all her weight lossgoals.
Bad genes, inactive occupation, stress, eating habits - so many things contribute to unwanted pounds...
If you have pounds to lose, take note of where it has accumulated on your body...
The fight against obesity...
Diet Bites is a Trademark