Diet & Plans
Popular Diets, Reviews
The Cabbage Soup Diet
Mediterranean Diet Plan
1000 Calorie Menu.
1200 Calorie Diet
1,400 Calorie Diets
The Cucumber Diet
Low Cholesterol Diet
Best 3 Day Diet Plan
Natural Diet Plan
3 Day Tuna Diet
Easy Diet Plan
Busy Day Diet
How to Burn Belly Fat
How to Raise Metabolism
Picture of Nutrition Chart
BMI Calculate Over Weight
Healthy Weight for Height
Weight Related Charts
Diet Food Pyramid Picture
Food Pyramid Menu
Perfect or Ideal Weight
Guide to Losing Weight
Calories in a Pound
Calories in Eggs
Reducing Body Fat
How to Fight Weight Gain
All About Body Fat
6 Steps to Fat Loss
Dealing With Hunger Pain
Weight & Genetics
How to Boost Metabolism
Burning Calories, Tips
Basic Food Groups
How to Lose 10 Pounds
Low 10 Pounds In 2 Weeks
How to Start Diet
Why Am I Overweight?
What Should I Weigh?
Tips, Weight Loss Plateau
Lose Weight Permanently
Easy Tortilla Soup Recipe
Cutting Hotdog Calories
Fast Food Salads
How Often Should You Weigh? | Weight Loss Photos: Before & After | What is That White Filling in Donuts? | How to Lose One Pound
Fast Foods High in Cholesterol
Article by Diet Bites
Fast Food 'Recommended Healthy Suggestions' Not Always Healthy, Even When Highlighted With a Heart
The next time that you are dining out, take care about opting for the suggestions on menus that have a heart, a check or some type of healthy symbol beside them.
These recommendations are not always the healthiest - and some are downright scary.
Jack in the Box, Since When is Over 100 Milligrams of Cholesterol Considered a 'Healthy Dining' Choice?
Example: Whoever suggested placing Jack In The Box's Grilled Chicken Strips w/ Teriyaki Dipping Sauce in the 'HEALTHY DINING' portion of their menu obviously forgot to view the cholesterol content.
At 115 milligrams - that's enough to plug the arteries of a race horse or baby elephant. Sheesh!
Grilled Doesn't Always Equal a Healthy Menu Choice
And also take note that just because a food is grilled doesn't make it the healthiest selection either.
Take KFC's Grilled Chicken Breast which contains more cholesterol than the fried Original Breast.
Another example is Sonic's Asiago sandwich; the crispy contains less cholesterol lipids than the grilled.
Chicken Not Always Healthier Than Beef
In addition, don't always assume that the chicken selections contain less cholesterol than the beef.
Example: Taco Bell's Fiesta Chicken Taco Salad contains 70 milligrams of cholesterol while the steak version contain 60.
Salads Can Be Spiked With High Cholesterol Values Making Them One of the Unhealthiest Choices on the Menu
Furthermore, if you think that salads are low in fatty acid values - then welcome to Fast Food American dining.
Example: Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad contains more than 100 milligrams of cholesterol.
Amid our extensive review of fatty acid content in Fast Foods we found IHOP to be at the top of the list.
One thing to keep in mind is that they serve quite a lot of recipes which contain eggs - which are a rich source of cholesterol. Some of their omelet selections contain over 900 milligrams of cholesterol - just one reason why the official daily recommendation for eggs is one per day.
Here are some of the top lipid offenders found at fast food restaurants:
Cholesterol Milligrams in Popular Fast Foods
Restaurant, Menu Item & MG'S
1. CBO Cheddar Bacon Onion Angus Third Pounder - 150 mg
2. Angus Bacon & Cheese - 150 mg (total fat at 39 grams)
3. Angus Deluxe - 135 mg
JACK IN THE BOX
1. Sirloin Swiss & Grilled Onion Burger - 127 mg
2. Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger - 265 mg
3. Grilled Chicken Strips w/ Teriyaki Dipping Sauce - 115 mg
1. Mesquite Chicken Sub, Large - 70 mg
2. Chicken Carbonara, Large Sub - 80 mg
3. Black Angus on Rosemary Parmesan, Large Sub - 165 mg
1. 6" Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt with Cheese - 95 mg
2. 6" Steak & Bacon Melt - 85 mg
3. 6" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki - 50 mg
1. Original Chicken Breast - 110 mg
2. Grilled Chicken Breast - 135 mg
3. Double Down Sandwich, Original Fillet Used = 150 mg
1. Skillet Burrito - 275 mg
2. Fiesta Chicken Taco Salad - 70 mg
3. Volcano Burrito - 65 mg
1. Asiago Caesar Chicken Grilled Sandwich - 100 mg
2. Asiago Caesar Chicken Crispy Sandwich - 80 mg
3. Super SONIC® Double Cheeseburger w/Mayo - 245 mg
1. Double Whopper With Cheese - 160 mg
2. Triple Whopper With Cheese - 225 mg
3. BK® Quad Stacker - 170 mg
1. 12" Medium Cheese Pan Pizza, 1 slice - 25 mg
2. 12" Medium Pepperoni Pan Pizza, 1 slice - 25 mg
3. Tuscani Pastas - Meaty Marinara - 70 mg
1. Apple Pecan Chicken Salad - 115 mg
2. Baja Chili Salad - 90 mg
3. Chicken BLT Cobb Salad - 265 mg
1. Angus Three Cheese & Bacon - 105 mg
2. Beef & Cheddar Max Sandwich - 110 mg
3. Prime Cut Chicken Tenders - 5 pieces, 75 mg
1. Big Steak Omelette - 865 mg
2. Colorado Omelette - 910 mg
3. Stuffed French Toast Combo - 475 mg
Food Calories | Weight Gain Causes | Weight Loss Plan | The Food Pyramid, Weight Loss | Grapefruit: Health News, Diet Tips
Weight Based on Height | How Many Calories Per Day? | Determine
My Body Frame Size | Calories Per Serving
Article Archives | Diet Bites | Site Disclaimer