Fast Foods High
These recommendations are not always the healthiest - and some are downright scary.
Example: Whoever suggested placing Jack In The Box's Grilled Chicken Strips w/ Teriyaki Dipping Sauce in the 'HEALTHY DINING' portion of their menu obviously forgot to view the cholesterol content.
At 115 milligrams - that's enough to plug the arteries of a race horse or baby elephant. Sheesh!
And also take note that just because a food is grilled doesn't make it the healthiest selection either.
Take KFC's Grilled Chicken Breast which contains more cholesterol than the fried Original Breast.
Another example is Sonic's Asiago sandwich; the crispy contains less cholesterol lipids than the grilled.
In addition, don't always assume that the chicken selections contain less cholesterol than the beef.
Example: Taco Bell's Fiesta Chicken Taco Salad contains 70 milligrams of cholesterol while the steak version contain 60.
Furthermore, if you think that salads are low in fatty acid values - then welcome to Fast Food American dining.
Example: Wendy's Apple Pecan Chicken Salad contains more than 100 milligrams of cholesterol.
Amid our extensive review of fatty acid content in Fast Foods we found IHOP to be at the top of the list.
One thing to keep in mind is that they serve quite a lot of recipes which contain eggs - which are a rich source of cholesterol. Some of their omelet selections contain over 900 milligrams of cholesterol - just one reason why the official daily recommendation for eggs is one per day.
Here are some of the top lipid offenders found at fast food restaurants:
Restaurant, Menu Item & MG'S
1. CBO Cheddar Bacon Onion Angus Third Pounder - 150 mg
2. Angus Bacon & Cheese - 150 mg (total fat at 39 grams)
3. Angus Deluxe - 135 mg
JACK IN THE BOX
1. Sirloin Swiss & Grilled Onion Burger - 127 mg
2. Bacon Ultimate Cheeseburger - 265 mg
3. Grilled Chicken Strips w/ Teriyaki Dipping Sauce - 115 mg
1. Big Steak Omelette - 865 mg
2. Colorado Omelette - 910 mg
3. Stuffed French Toast Combo - 475 mg
1. Mesquite Chicken Sub, Large - 70 mg
2. Chicken Carbonara, Large Sub - 80 mg
3. Black Angus on Rosemary Parmesan, Large Sub - 165 mg
1. 6" Chicken & Bacon Ranch Melt with Cheese - 95 mg
2. 6" Steak & Bacon Melt - 85 mg
3. 6" Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki - 50 mg
1. Original Chicken Breast - 110 mg
2. Grilled Chicken Breast - 135 mg
3. Double Down Sandwich, Original Fillet Used = 150 mg
1. Skillet Burrito - 275 mg
2. Fiesta Chicken Taco Salad - 70 mg
3. Volcano Burrito - 65 mg
1. Asiago Caesar Chicken Grilled Sandwich - 100 mg
2. Asiago Caesar Chicken Crispy Sandwich - 80 mg
3. Super SONIC® Double Cheeseburger w/Mayo - 245 mg
1. Double Whopper With Cheese - 160 mg
2. Triple Whopper With Cheese - 225 mg
3. BK® Quad Stacker - 170 mg
1. 12" Medium Cheese Pan Pizza, 1 slice - 25 mg
2. 12" Medium Pepperoni Pan Pizza, 1 slice - 25 mg
3. Tuscani Pastas - Meaty Marinara - 70 mg
1. Apple Pecan Chicken Salad - 115 mg
2. Baja Chili Salad - 90 mg
3. Chicken BLT Cobb Salad - 265 mg
1. Angus Three Cheese & Bacon - 105 mg
2. Beef & Cheddar Max Sandwich - 110 mg
3. Prime Cut Chicken Tenders - 5 pieces, 75 mg
These two elements will greatly effect the amount of food that you can put into your weight loss plan, as well as the amount of pounds that you hope to lose. The following foods are popular while dieting - whether the plan lasts three days or for months on end...
Vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin) Available in tablet form. Contains Zetia (ezetimibe) and Zocor (simvastatin) that reportedly act together in blocking the absorption of food-related cholesterol and in lowering total cholesterol including LDL cholesterol - the 'bad' cholesterol that poses significant health risks....
Diet Bites is a Trademark