Diet & Plans
Weight Loss Tools, Charts
Reducing Body Fat
The Bad Diet, The Unhealthy Plan for Losing Weight
Although a diet low in calories and filled with only a handful of particular foods may sound tempting, they almost-always lead to Diet Failure and ill health. Diets to avoid include:
- One food diets;
- Diets missing a Food Group;
- A diet that embraces a strenuous activity and exercise plan;
- Diets that promise or guarantee dramatic results in 'x-amount' of time - all for a certain 'x-amount' of dollars;
- Diets that include miracle potions, diet pills or diet tonics.
The Good Diet, The Healthy Plan for Losing Weight
The Good Diet includes all of the following elements:
- The Food Groups, yes ALL of them, including grains;
- Moderate activity and exercise;
- A back-up Diet Plan;
- A sufficient amount of calories to meet the nutritional needs of the body while dieting.
Health Rewards Associated With Weight Loss
Personal Rewards associated with a successful diet include a boost in self-esteem, a trimmer body, smaller clothes, and a brighter smile looking back at you. Unfortunately, individuals tend to judge one another based on looks.
A thinner individual may suddenly find a promotion in store, or an exciting romance.
Health Rewards associated with a successful diet include an increase in mental alertness, less body aches that were caused by too much weight on the body frame, over-all better health including a healthier heart which doesn't have to work so hard to support the unwanted weight.
Other health rewards include an increase in agility, an increase in sex drive, a decrease in health risks for developing certain health issues such as heart disease and diabetes; elevated blood pressure may stabilize in addition to elevated glucose levels.
Adopting a healthier diet can also lead to a longer, more productive life. Next Page