The Bikini Diet
Article by Diet Bites
It's really heating up outside and Frankie is wanting to fit into that tiny new bikini the day that the beach is opened. She is planning on going on a diet and would like some tips for her planned bikini diet.
These diet tips can assist in getting Frankie into that new bikini:
- Exercise faithfully during the bikini diet to reduce risk of skin sag once the weight is gone. Activity works to tone the body while the weight drops off so that Dieter Frankie will really heat up that bikini.
- Incorporating fresh fruit, veggies and nuts into the daily diet will not only polish the numbers on the weight scales, they will also enhance skin tone.
- Speaking of skin tone, tanned skin will give the illusion of a thinner body. If Frankie wants to look her trimmest then a tan can certainly achieve that look - but she should be sure to tan safely, not beneath the brutal elements of the sun which can enhance fine lines, wrinkles and make her look older before her time. The sun dehydrates the skin, thus those unsightly effects.
- Frankie should set doable weight loss goals. She should plan to lose about 2 pounds per week, which is considered a safe rate of weight loss.
When the dieter sees they are making progress towards their weight loss goals, it gives them a diet-motivation high. If Frankie needs to lose 15 pounds to fit into her bikini, she should reach that goal in about 6 to 8 weeks.
Another diet tip is to break down numbers into their smallest form. Rather than thinking " 6 to 8 weeks" think " a little over a month OR about two months'. One or two sounds so much better than six or eight months.
- Drinking plenty of water will keep the body hydrated, feed the skin, and will just make Frankie feel better so that when her bikini diet is done, she'll not only look awesome, she'll feel awesome.
- Eating three balanced meals a day can keep Frankie's metabolism running at top speed so that the weight keeps coming off rather than stalling which is typically what happens when the body is put into starvation mode.
- Choosing healthy snacks can also assist Frankie in achieving weight loss success. While cookies, candy and pastry are tasty, fresh fruit packs necessary vitamins that she needs - particularly to keep the body in the healthiest shape it can be in while dieting.
Frankie's daily menu might look something like this:
Breakfast: 1 serving of whole grain cereal, 1/2 cup of low fat milk, 1 cup of strawberries.
Mid-Morning Snack: 1 fresh pear
Lunch: Sandwich prepared with whole grain bread, fresh veggies, low fat cheese and lean meat. One serving of low fat cottage cheese. One cup of low fat milk.
Mid-Afternoon Snack: 1 small apple
Dinner: 3 ounces of grilled or oven roasted salmon sprinkled with lemon pepper and fresh dill, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 cup of green beans, 1/2 cup of carrots, one whole grain roll and a glass of unsweetened tea.
Bedtime Snack: 1 small banana