Diet & Plans
Reducing Body Fat
Weight Over 50
Article by Diet Bites
Weight Factors for Individuals Over 50
As we age, our state of health tends to become a greater concern. We may look back and reflect upon our younger years, regretting the things that we put into our body - wishing that we'd embraced a healthier eating plan and lifestyle.
While we cannot turn back the hands of time, we can make great strides towards our future by making healthy changes.
How to Lose Excess Weight, Improve State of Health & Longevity
There are so many healthy things we can do to change our lives for the better. These include the following tips....
Ideal Body Weight Over the Age of 50
1. Ideal body weight. This isn't necessarily a number dictated or recommended in a data chart - rather the size that you feel your best at being.
Active Lifestyle in Our Golden Years
2. Active lifestyle. During the time span of age 50 to 60 we'll most likely be making some changes to our activity schedule. For example, Lydia loves to roller skate but as she ages, she is more apt to fall as balance wanes. Rather than skating and risking bone fracture she might opt for another activity that she enjoys, such as swimming.
Focusing on Bone Health Which Impacts Balance
3. Bone health. Speaking of falls, did you know that ramping up your level of activity can create larger, healthier bones? They will become more dense, thus substantially reducing risk of fracture as we age.
In addition, an active lifestyle will assist in keeping off unwanted pounds. Best times of the day for outdoor activity are early morning and evening in the warmer months and during the colder months, the warmer times of the day.
Limiting Fats in the Daily Diet
4. Limit fatty acids in your daily eating plan and base it upon the healthy Food Pyramid.
Exercise is Great But Must be Balanced With Rest for Total Health
5. Balance exercise with relaxation - and embrace a hobby that you enjoy. A spiritual retreat also promotes a healthy outlook.
Over-Medicating in Our Senior Years
6. Do you really require numerous medications in order to feel better?
Quitting Those Bad Habits
7. Give up unhealthy habits such as smoking.
Healthy Body Weight for Individuals 50 to 60 Years Old